Peer Review of Scientific Information
This checklist describes information that will be posted on the Web when we conduct a peer review, following guidelines detailed in the OMB Peer Review Bulletin (pdf).
About the document
- short description of the document
- estimated dissemination date of the final version of the document
About the peer review process
- kind of peer review that will be conducted
- individual letters,
- National Academy of Sciences review, or
- other procedure approved by OMB
- anticipated number of reviewers
- reviewer selection method
- reviewers selected by the Service or
- reviewers selected by a designated outside organization
- primary disciplines or expertise needed in the review (describe).
- estimated start date of peer review
About public participation
- opportunities for the public to comment on the work product to be peer reviewed (Indicate whether such public comments will be sought and describe how comments are to be submitted.)
- Indicate whether the public, including scientific or professional organizations, will be asked to nominate potential peer reviewers.
- contact information for one or more staff regarding this peer review.
Last Reviewed: January 23, 2014