Wisconsin Ecological Services Field Office

Midwest Region


Wisconsin Field Office

2661 Scott Tower Drive
Green Bay, WI 54229-9565
Phone: 920-866-1717
Fax: 920-866-1710
TTY: 1-800-877-8339 (Federal Relay)

e-mail: GreenBay@fws.gov


Connect With Us


Facebook icon Facebook

Flickr icon Flickr
RSS RSS Twitter icon Twitter
YouTube icon YouTube  



Links to Whooping Crane Sighting Report Form
Buy Duck Stamps icon Endangered Species Day icon

Great Lakes Restoration Initiative logo

Frequently Asked Questions


Where do I take injured birds and other wildlife? 

The Wisconsin DNR has a web page with information about orphaned and injured wildlife, how to decide if help is needed, and where to get help. See <http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/directory.html>.


Who can I call to ask questions about Canada geese problems?

The Wisconsin DNR has information on their website about nuisance resident Canada geese problems and who to contact. See their web page at <http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/goose.html>.


How do I get National Park access permits, camping permits, Golden Eagle permits, Golden Eagle Passports, or enroll in other access Programs to National Parks?

Camping and other access permits for National Parks are administered by the National Park Service, another agency within the U.S. Department of Interior. Visit the  NPS web site for a list of National Park access permits, programs and fees.


Where can I get boating, hunting, and fishing information and licenses?

In the State of Wisconsin, Hunting and Fishing License sales are administered by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, or their licensed commercial vendors, which include bait shops, gun and sporting goods stores, and many major retail department stores.  Boat registration is also administered by the Wisconsin DNR.  


Where can I get a federal "duck stamp?" 

The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service issues Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamps.  These stamps are required to hunt migratory waterfowl in the United States, and are also popular among collectors. However, the Wisconsin Ecological Services Field Office does not sell these stamps. Stamps can be purchased at most U.S. Postal Service Offices, and at many major sporting goods retailers. 


What is Ecological Services?

Ecological Services (ES) is a branch of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.  The Wisconsin ES Field Office has four ES Programs or areas of concentration, including:


1. Endangered Species: Listing and recovery of federally threatened or endangered species, and consultation with federal agencies to ensure their compliance with section 7 of the Endangered Species Act of 1973


2. Environmental Contaminants: Identifies and attempts to prevent harm caused by environmental contaminants to the Service's Trust Resources, and assists recovery of damaged habitats that support trust species. 


3. Conservation Planning Assistance : Assistance for federal agencies in analyzing impacts to fish and wildlife resources caused by projects they fund, license, perform, or permit.


4. Private Lands: Through our Partners for Fish and Wildlife program, and related grants, we assist private landowners and local governments in habitat restoration activities which enhance  habitat for the Service's trust resources.


What are the Service's trust resources?

Trust resources are those resources for which the Service has been given specific responsibilities under federal law.  These include migratory birds, interjurisdictional fishes (fish species that may cross state lines), federally listed threatened or endangered species, some marine mammals, and lands owned by the Service. 



Wisconsin ES Field Office Home

Last updated: January 7, 2020