Fish Health Center philosophy and image:
- We believe that aquatic animal health is an essential component of healthy ecosystems.
- We are a national team of professionals, responsive to emerging fish health issues, that continuously develops and employs state of the art concepts, methods and technologies.
- We believe in comprehensive aquatic animal health management that recognizes the importance of the environment, provides diagnostics and assesses the quality of aquatic animals.
- We recognize that comprehensive aquatic animal health requires flexibility and innovation.
- We commit to taking an active role in the management of aquatic ecosystems.
- We believe that fish and aquatic animal health benefits from a team and partnership approach, requiring a variety of expertise and disciplines.
- We collectively provide or make accessible a unique set of services, skills, and perspectives important in the management of aquatic ecosystems.
- We want to be viewed as professionals, fostering a cooperative atmosphere for problem solving based on sound scientific information.
- We take responsibility for continuing education and development of ourselves and our colleagues.