Web Map Services (WMS)
Geospatial Wetlands Data is also available through
an Open GIS Consortium (OGC)
Web Map Service (WMS).
|WMS service name: FWS_Wetlands_WMS
||Projection: GCS, NAD83
OGC Version: 1.3
Wetlands Data WMS address: http://220.127.116.11/ArcGIS/services/Wetlands/MapServer/WMSServer?
Wetlands Status WMS address: http://18.104.22.168/ArcGIS/services/Wetlands_Status/MapServer/WMSServer?
Connecting to the Wetlands WMS in ESRI' ArcGIS
- Launch ArcCatalog.
- Under the “GIS Servers” directory in the explorer window on the left, double click on “Add WMS Server” to open the Add WMS Server dialog box.
- Enter the WMS address specified at the top of this page in
the URL text box.
- Click on the “Get Layers” button to view the service and layer information.
- Click on the “OK” button to add the connection and view it in ArcCatalog. You will see the connection show up under “GIS Servers”
- This WMS connection will now also be available in ArcMap under “GIS Servers” after you select “add data”.
Note: it is best if you load a base reference layer to help you get oriented with the Wetlands data.