|Project Review Request
To request review for project development in West Virginia, please submit the following information:
- Location data, including latitude and longitude of project area, site address or nearest town, and county;
- A topographic map with the project area identified, including the name of the USGS quadrangle (aerial photos may also be helpful);
- A detailed project description, including plans and designs of any new construction;
- The total amount of acreage or linear miles within the project area;
- A detailed description of onsite habitat, including the size, location and quality (when available) of stream, wetlands, forest and other natural areas, and proposed impacts;
- The total number of acres of ground disturbance that will result from the project;
- The number of acres of forested habitat that will be disturbed as part of the project;
- If clearing is greater than or equal to 17 acres then a written commitment to either seasonal clearing (between November 15 and March 31) or summer mist net surveys for bats (between June 1 and August 15) is required.
- Commitment to horizontal directional drill if it is known that the project will cross a stream containing habitat that supports federally listed species;
- A "frack-out" plan (i.e., description of remedial steps to resolve mechanical or materials failure resulting in hydrofracking water bubbling up through stream substrate) if such a crossing is occurring
- Identification of locations for both water withdrawals and subsequent water depositions;
- Photographs representative of all cover types on the site and encompassing views of the entire site; and
- A description of whether any previous mining has occurred on the site, and if you are aware of any potential mine portals or cave openings that may be in the area.
The above information should be submitted by mail to the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service at the following address. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (304) 636-6586.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
West Virginia Field Office
694 Beverly Pike
Elkins, WV 26241
Attn: Project Review Request
|Connect with Us
Office Locations and Websites