Our office provides invasive species coordination, technical support, and outreach to Federal, State, Tribal, and local governments in the Pacific Northwest through various activities and projects, including:
- Participation in the 100th Meridian Initiative, a national monitoring and outreach effort to prevent the westward spread of zebra mussels.
- Providing and distributing zebra mussel prevention outreach materials in the Pacific Northwest.
- Monitoring for zebra mussels, investigating possible sightings of invasive species, and distributing ANS outreach materials.
- Providing coordination and technical assistance to Service partners in the Pacific Northwest on nonindigenous species issues.
- Provide funding to the State of Washington for implementation of the State of Washington Aquatic Nuisance Species Management Plan.
- The Puget Sound Coastal and Partners for Fish and Wildlife Programs provide funding for a variety of invasive plant control projects ranging from Spartina to knotweed to Scotch broom.
The Invasive Species Hotline (1-877-9-INFEST) is one of a series of actions being taken by the Invasive Species Council and its partners to combat invasive species.