About This Office
Established in 1987, the Ventura Fish and Wildlife Office works to conserve and protect threatened and endangered fish, wildlife and plants across the central and southern California coast, collaborating with communities and conservation partners to build a future that supports both people and our unique and diverse natural resources.
Who We Are
A field station of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, we work with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. We are both a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals, and commitment to public service.
Where We Work
Based in Ventura, Ca., our biologists and natural resource professionals work across the southern and central California coast in Santa Cruz, San Benito, Monterey, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties; portions of Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo counties; and the northern Channel Islands. The area is home to more than 80 federally endangered or threatened species.
What We Do
- We help identify, protect and recover threatened and endangered species.
- We investigate the environmental effects of contaminants and help restore polluted habitats.
- We protect and restore coastal resources.
- We ensure that fish and wildlife resources are considered by agencies during project planning.
- We partner with private landowners to restore fish and wildlife habitat.
- We educate communities about the impacts of our changing climate on our natural resources. We are forward-looking in our approach to long-term, cooperative landscape conservation.
Our Area of Responsibility
Region 8 Office Locations
Our Office - Ventura
2493 Portola Road, Suite B
Ventura, CA 93003
Ph: (805) 644-1766 Fax: (805) 644-3958
Region 8 Office
2800 Cottage Way, W-2606
Sacramento, CA 95825
Ph: (916) 414-6464 Fax: (916) 414-6486
1655 Heindon Rd.
Arcata, CA 95521
Ph: (707) 822-7201 Fax: (707) 822-8411
6010 Hidden Valley Rd
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Ph: (760) 431-9440 Fax: (760) 431-9624
6610 Washburn Way
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Ph: (541) 885-8481 Fax: (541) 885-7837
Southern Nevada Field Office
4701 North Torrey Pines Drive
Las Vegas, Nevada 89130
10950 Tyler Road
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Ph: (530) 527-3043 Fax: (530) 529-0292
1340 Financial Blvd, Ste
234 Reno, NV 89502-7147
Ph:: (775) 861-6300 Fax: (775) 861-6301
2800 Cottage Way, Rm W-2605
Sacramento, CA 95825
Ph: (916) 414-6600 Fax (916) 414-6710
1829 S. Oregon St.
Yreka, CA 96097
Ph: (530) 842-5763 Fax (530) 842-4517