"Nurture Your Sense of Wonder"
Wildlife Center Dedication
March 29th, 2008
Join the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge and the Friends of the Refuge in celebrating the dedication of the new Wildlife Center. The event is free of charge and will be held at the refuge, off 99W just north of Sherwood.
Schedule of Events
11:30a.m.-12:30pm Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with featured speakers:
- Keith Mays, Mayor of Sherwood
- Dale Hall, Director of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature Deficit Disorder
- Representatives from the offices of Senator Ron Wyden, Senator Gordon Smith, and Congressman David Wu
- Guided nature walks
- Hands-on activities for everyone
- Wildlife Center and trails open to public
- Nature's Overlook store open for business
6:00p.m. Special Evening presentation by Author Richard Louv
Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature Deficit Disorder, will be speaking and signing books on March 29th at Tualatin High School’s auditorium on Boone’s Ferry Road in Tualatin. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. for the book signing and Louv will begin speaking at 7:00 p.m. Copies of the new edition of Louv’s book will be on sale at the event and he will continue to sign books after his presentation. Tickets go on sale February 1st, and are available at www.brownpapertickets.com . Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students. Quantities are limited, so buy your tickets early.
Photo Highlight: June 3rd, 2006 Tualatin River Refuge Grand Opening