Saturday, September 21, 2013, 9am - 3pm: Tensas River NWR Hunting & Fishing Day - Free Admission!Visitor Center, 2312 Quebec Rd.
- Youth Deer Lottery Registration & Drawing
- Live Music
- Wildlife Exhibits
- Skeet, BB Gun & Archery Shooting
- Door Prizes
- Health Screening & Blood Donation
- Calling and Cutest Kid in Camo Contests
- Rock Climbing Wall, Bounce Area, Bear Maze & Bird Identification Demonstrations: Woodduck Rocket Net, Indian Tools, Junior Duck Stamp Art Contest & Exhibit, Dog Treeing Raccoon Demo, Canine Drug Dog Demo
- Information Booths: USDA-Hog Trapping & Animal Diseases, LA Black Bear Forestry & Logging, ATV’s, LDWF Game Wardens, TRNWR Association / Volunteers & More
- ➢Food Concessions: Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Cokes, Ice Cream, Snow Cones, & Much More (Reasonable Prices)
- ➢Silent Auction
- ➢Craft Vendors
- ➢Face & Hair Painting, Washable Tattoo, Children’s Games Items listed with diamond are all free
- ➢ Items indicated with arrow are fee items MANY MORE FUN ACTIVITIES NOT LISTED
Sponsored by Tensas River Refuge Association (Non Profit organization)
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 318-574-2664
- To be held on 28-29 Sep at Tensas River NWR (2312 Quebec Rd, Tallulah LA 71282). You must attend all ten hours.
Class will be held on 28 Sep (Sat) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 29 Sep (Sun) from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Or on 12-13 Oct at Tensas River NWR (2312 Quebec Rd, Tallulah LA 71282). You must attend all ten hours.
Class will be held on 12 Sep (Sat) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 13 Sep (Sun) from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- You may register for either course online at http://www.wlf.la.gov or call 318-574-2664 ext. 103 or
email email@example.com for more information.
You must refer to our hunting regulations before applying.
All applications must be turned in by close of business on December 3, 2013.
Once all applications have been received they are to be mailed to Shelley Chamberlain of the National Wild Turkey Federation. She will then be in charge of screening all applications to ensure their completion. Mrs. Chamberlain will have until December 7, 2013 to return all final applications back to us for the draw. The draw will be held December 7, 2013. Notifications of the selected applicants will begin the following Thursday, December. 12, 2013.
There will be a total of 15 hunters selected to participate. The minimum age of a hunter eligible is 8.The National Wild Turkey Federation will make “eligibility calls”.
Participant eligibility requires all applicants must be wheelchair-bound and must provide a Louisiana Class I - Physically Challenged Hunters Permit received from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
Applications are available at the Tensas River National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center or online at http://www.fws.gov/tensasriver/.
How to Apply:
You may download and fill out an application or pick one up at the Tensas River National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center.
For more information please contact Jean Mikeal, Park Ranger, at (318) 574-2664 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.