1. Is an electric motor considered an outboard motor?
Yes - an electric motor is a motor, unmotorized means the craft is powered by pushing, or with paddle, oar, or pole.
2. May I use my boat to scout before waterfowl season?
No, boating is only allowed during hunt season, except for Willow and Millen Lakes (West Marsh) which are open all year for non-motorized boating. Scouting prior to season opening may be done by vehicle or walking only.
3.. In "No Boating" areas, may I paddle or row my boat?
No, propelled boats are not allowed. However, you may push your craft to a location to utilize it as a blind.
4. Is Willow and Millen Lake (sometimes referred to as West Marsh) a "Non-motorized Boat" area?
Yes, and it is also open all year round.
5. Can I use a muzzle loader or shot gun to shoot coyotes?
Yes, in open hunt areas only. Non-toxic shot must be used on Stillwater Refuge at all times.
6. Where may I camp?
Camping is allowed in two areas - the east end of Division Road (there is a restroom located there) and opposite Tule Lake Landing (restroom located in this area also). No camping is allowed at Stillwater Point parking area.
7. May I set my decoys or build my blind before legal hunt time?
Yes, decoys may be set in the water before shoot time on opening day, but you are not allowed to carry any weapons while doing so. We recommend setting decoys out on foot only, to lessen disturbance to waterfowl and other hunters.