Photo credits: USFWS.
Protect the Refugewith These Simple Rules
To protect habitat and keep Muleshoe
NWR a safe place for wildlife and people, please follow these simple rules:
- Please drive only on designated
- Firearms, bows, and other weapons
- Muleshoe NWR should be a quiet
place to enjoy nature--please leave fireworks, loud radios, and other sound
equipment at home.
- Hiking is allowed on all refuge
areas except adjacent to the residence and refuge lake shores (which are
posted when closed during periods of high sandhill crane and waterfowl use).
- Keep wild things wild--all plants
and animals are protected and should not be disturbed or collected.
- Overnight camping is allowed
only at the refuge campground and picnic area near the headquarters. Fires
are allowed at designated sites at the campground.
- Hunting, fishing, boating, and
swimming are not allowed on the refuge.
- Please leave only your footprints;
take all litter with you.
- Please keep all pets on a leash;
or better yet, leave pets at home.
August 10, 2010