BiT Development Team
The Biologist-in-Training Program Development Team is made up of education professionals and environmental education experts from across the state of Kentucky. Their time, talents and expertise were instrumental in the creation of the first ever Regionally coordinated experiential environmental education program which promotes National Fish Hatcheries as unique outdoor classrooms.
The team works out of Wolf Creek National Fish Hatchery, so far dedicating hundreds of volunteer hours to assisting Fisheries outreach staff in every aspect of the program, including: overall concept and delivery, messages and content, compatibility with national science education standards, graphic design, support materials, and writing and editing the activity guide. Their input has been critical in designing and implementing this ground-breaking initiative. The team continues to work to enhance and grow the BiT program for the benefit of Fisheries field stations Region-wide and the tens of thousands of children these stations connect with nature every year.
The BiT Development Team includes:
- Jean Clement, Teacher, Russell County Middle School, Jamestown, Kentucky
- Rhonda Godby, Teacher, Union Chapel Elementary School, Jamestown, Kentucky
- Jennifer Hardwick, District Operations, Russell County Soil Conservation District, Jamestown, Kentucky
- Rosalie Poland, Teacher, Union Chapel Elementary School, Jamestown, Kentucky
- Audra Roberts, Teacher, Union Chapel Elementary, Jamestown, Kentucky
- Dr. Steve Spencer, Professor, Department of Physical Education and Recreation, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Belinda Wilkins-Smith, Green County Ranger – South Central District, Kentucky Division of Forestry, Campbellsville, Kentucky
- Dr. Terry Wilson, Director of the Center for Mathematics, Science, and Environmental Education at Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Judy Toppins, Regional Outreach Coordinator, U.S. Fish & Wildlife
Service, Atlanta, GA
- Amanda Patrick, Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Forest Service, Harrisburg, Illinois