Resident Volunteer Opportunities on Santee National Wildlife Refuge
Resident Volunteer Program – The refuge is looking for resident volunteers interested in working outdoors, working with visitors in our visitor center and just helping out the staff wherever needed. Carpentry, trail maintenance, and visitor service skills a plus but not required. Resident volunteers must provide their own RV, be willing to volunteer 24 hours/week per couple (32 hours/week for single) and volunteer for a minimum of 3 months.
What the refuge provides --
- A beautiful gravel RV site located on the Bluff Unit of the refuge, equipped for water, sewer, and electric (50 amp, 220v) service
- Volunteer uniforms
- Volunteer assignments to suit volunteers’ interests and skills
- Laundry facilities
What the volunteer provides –-
- 24 hours/week for couple; 32 hours/week for single
- Volunteers must provide own RV
- Be flexible and easy going
- Hard working
- Willing to perform duties as assigned
- No skills needed. Training provided
For more information about the volunteer program at Santee National Wildlife Refuge, contact the refuge office 803-478-2217 or email email@example.com.
The scenic RV site volunteers enjoy while at Santee National Wildlife Refuge (Photo: Jo King, FWS Volunteer)