St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge Fishing Regulations
- Fishing is allowed year-round in the refuge in accordance with state regulations.
- The gates at Lighthouse Rd. and Otter Lake Recreation Area are open 6 am – 7 pm during Standard Time and 6 am – 9 pm during Daylight Savings Time (Daylight Savings Time begins the second Sunday in March and ends the first Sunday in November).
- Fishing in the refuge lakes, impoundments and ponds is allowed during daylight hours.
- Taking frogs and turtles from the refuge is prohibited.
- Taking blue crabs from the impoundments or canals on the St. Marks Unit is prohibited.
- Bow fishing is prohibited on refuge lakes, ponds and impoundments.
- Commercial boats, boats with air-thrust motors, and personal watercraft (such as jet skiis) are prohibited from launching at the lighthouse boat ramp.
- Boats with air-thrust motors and personal watercraft are prohibited from launching at the Wakulla Beach boat ramp.
- Boats with over 10 h.p. motors are prohibited on all the Panacea Unit of the Refuge. Gates (road 316) on Otter Lake Rd. will be opened for fishing access from March 15 – May 15 each year.
- Only hand-launched boats with electric motors allowed on the St. Marks Unit pools from March 15 – October 15. Bank fishing is permitted year ‘round.
- All fish must remain in whole condition when being transported from the refuge.
- Fishing equipment must be attended at all times.
- Please observe all refuge signage and do not trespass in restricted areas.
click on the insets for closer look at that area
More information --