Volunteer Opportunities - Job Opportunities
The Sacramento NWR Complex welcomes volunteers in a variety of areas. Opportunities include the following:
- Lead a tour on our trails or auto route
- Greet visitors and provide information
- Assist naturalists with presentations
- Take part in education programs and special events
- Maintain trails and plant trees
- Assist with bird banding, plant studies, and airboat surveys
- Work with computers and other technical equipment
- Help with numerous other refuge activities
- Assist with the hunting program and youth hunting events
- What are your unique intrests, skills, and talents?
Help to protect wetlands and wildlife right in your own backyard!
Volunteer Ann 2006, photo: USFWS
The Complex is looking for volunteers to assist the Visitor Services program for the next winter season (October - February). Opportunities for full or part of the season are available. Have unique skills that might be needed? Contact the Complex for more information.
Visitor Services Volunteers RV and Bunkhouse is full for this season
- Work at Sacramento, Colusa, and Sacramento River NWRs providing visitors with information about the Complex and its resources.
- Provide interpretive services to visitors which include working the visitor center and bookstore, providing helpful and accurate information, maintaining visitor facilities, assisting with tours and educational programs, assisting with the waterfowl hunt program, and facilitating special events.
- Position description for volunteers who would like to use an RV pad or bunkhouse.
- List of activities volunteers assist with.
- See photos of volunteers at the Complex.
- More information about housing posted at www.volunteer.gov/gov (find by searching the city/state = Willows, CA).
Local Area Volunteers
- Help out several times a month for at least 5 hour shifts.
- Assist with the visitor center, weekend programs, auto tour, trails, special events, field maintenance, or more!
- Flexible schedule and can vary by your interest, skills, and talents.
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Orientation and training by refuge staff
- Flexible schedule
- Educating people of all ages
- Knowing that you are valuable to the management of our Nation's fish and wildlife resources
- Being part of a great team and having lots of fun!
To apply to become a volunteer, please fill out the following: volunteer application (pdf, 560 KB) and the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex's application (pdf). Contact Lora Haller for more information at (530) 934-2801 or email@example.com.