A new series of passes, available since January 1, 2007 covers the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using federal recreational lands – including national wildlife refuges.

Photograph of annual pass. In the foreground are cactus, in the middle are fields, and in the background are mountains. Existing Golden Eagle Passports and National Parks Passes with an expiration date will be honored until they expire. Paper versions of the Golden Age or Golden Access Passports should be exchanged for the new Senior or Access passes. However, plastic Golden Age or Access passes are valid for the pass holder's lifetime and do not need to be exchanged.

The Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees.

For the first time, decals and hangtags are available: decals for those who park open-topped vehicles (like Jeeps) or motorcycles at unstaffed federal recreation sites, and hangtags for those who anticipate parking closed vehicles at unmanned facilities.

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass

General Information (46 KB PDF)

Definitions (19 KB PDF)

Annual Pass (54 KB PDF)

Senior Pass (48 KB PDF)

Volunteer Pass (39 KB PDF)

Hang Tags (26 KB PDF)

Access Pass (54 KB PDF)

Decals (35 KB PDF)

The passes are available at any U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service or Forest Service site that charges an entrance fee or standard amenity fee. Some regional offices and headquarters offices also sell passes. A list of locations, with phone numbers and Web addresses, where interagency passes are issued, is available in PDF format. (126 KB). The Interagency Annual Passes are also available at cooperating associations, some national retail outlets and via e-mail at fedrecpass@usgs.gov.