||Connecting People with Nature
|Date of Event:
||October 13, 2012 (Saturday)
|Time of Event:
||8:30 am- 5 pm
||Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
||Join Kenn Kaufman, Dudley Edmondson, Sharon Stiteler, Drew Lanham, Roy Rodriguez, Doug Gray, Paul Baicich, and other concerned birders/naturalists to make a difference for the future of birds and birding!
American birders enjoy over 800 species of many sizes shapes, and colors. Yet, our birding community exhibits almost no diversity within its ranks. This issue poses a significant threat to the success of conservation efforts for our natural areas, the birds/wildlife that depend on them, and the environment as a whole.
The Focus on Diversity conference will prove invaluable to bird club members, naturalists, park staff, educators, community leaders, and everyone in the birding community. Registered participants will:
- network with other dedicated birders;
- receive a treasure trove of bird outreach resources;
- further their knowledge of the current birding community;
- understand the obstacles to birding for various groups;
- identify effective bird outreach strategies;
- develop goals to reach new audiences with birding, and;
- be better prepared to recruit new program participants and
members for their organizations.
||US - Midwest
||Registration information can be found at www.fledgingbirders.org/CFABregisterMN.html.
April 22, 2010