Corrections to the brochure:
• Common snipe hunting is allowed in Area B during the state season.
• Only non-toxic shot may be used for hunting common snipe, ruffed grouse, American woodcock, and snowshoe hare.
• Dogs may be used to hunt common snipe as well as snowshoe hare, ruffed grouse, and American woodcock. The use of dogs to hunt black bear is prohibited.
• The possession of bait is prohibited on the refuge.
• During the regular firearms season for white-tailed deer, camping is allowed west of the Driggs River. However, no camping is allowed in the Wilderness or Natural Areas. Camping is not allowed during muzzleloader season for white-tailed deer. All camps require a free permit which may be obtained at the refuge headquarters.
• State of Michigan concealed carry permits are valid on refuge lands, but not in refuge facilities.
• The refuge headquarters no longer serves as a deer check station.