Skip Navigation


  • Permits

    If your activity requires a special use permit, please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System’s permits page and fill out the appropriate form for the type of permit you need. These forms may be filled out electronically and then printed, or printed and filled out by hand. Completed applications may be mailed to us, delivered in person at our office, or submitted by fax or email.  


    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

  • Passes

    No passes are required to access the Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuge. 

Last Updated: Nov 04, 2013
Return to main navigation