Skip Navigation


Permits pics

Refuge Permit Process

Stillwater refuge does not require a permit or pass for entry, and there is no entry fee.  If you are hunting, you need to possess a valid NV hunt license (resident or non) and any applicable tags or stamps.


Stillwater NWR may issue a Special Use Permit, with or without a fee, for a specific activity that is not otherwise permitted under general public use.  If you have a group or event wishing to conduct anything not listed before, please contact the refuge Visitor Services Manager to determine if your proposed activity is permitted, and if a SUP is required. Call the refuge office at 775/423-5128 ext 228 for more information.


The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

Last Updated: Dec 31, 2013
Return to main navigation