The Complex has four popular photography blinds.
Blinds are AVAILABLE BY RESERVATION ONLY from mid-October through March....
- Blind #1 at Sacramento NWR
- Blind #2 at Sacramento NWR
- Blind #3 at Colusa NWR
- Blind #4 at Delevan NWR
- See photos of all blinds
Summer Availability: occasionally a photo-blind pond will remain flooded into July. See below for details.
Reservation Process for Fall/Winter Use (October-March):
1. Read the Photographer's Guidelines (2015-16 version) for specific information on reservations, fees, access and descriptions.
2. Fill out the Reservation Form (must read the Photographer's Guidelines first). If you do not have Adobe-editing software, please print the reservation form, fill it out, then return via mail, scan, email or fax.
3. Reservation Applications must be received between Aug 1 - Aug 31. A lottery will take place in mid-September.
4. Applicants will be notified by email or phone in mid-September. A $15 fee for each reservation must be paid by October 15 to confirm blind date selection.
5. Following the completion of the first lottery, a List of Remaining Open Photo Blinds will be posted here, and you may follow the application process again beginning October 1.
Sometimes photography blinds become available due to lack of reservation or cancellation. You may apply on a first-come, first-served basis by calling Sacramento NWR Complex (530-934-2801) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and placing your name, phone number and email address on a wait-list. Due to the lag time it takes to fill blinds, there is a limit to the number of names on the wait-list.