Skip Navigation


Rydell Permits

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues special use permits under various wildlife laws and treaties. Special use permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

  • Permits

    Special use permits are issued at Rydell National Wildlife Refuge for compatible secondary uses such as research, commercial still and video photography. Contact the refuge office for more information at 218-687-2229.

  • Passes

    There is no pass or special entry fee for Rydell National Wildlife Refuge.  

    A series of passes covers the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using federal recreational lands – including some national wildlife refuges. 

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System website for more information about passes.

Last Updated: Feb 08, 2016
Return to main navigation