Skip Navigation




Hunting and Fishing permits are required on Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge.  Deer permits may be purchased online by credit card only.  Waterfowl permits may be applied for starting September 1, through October 25, using the online web process.  Standby permits for waterfowl hunts can be purchased after the drawing online until the last hunt date.  No cash payments accepted.




Fishing, Small Game and Turkey hunt permits (no cost) can be obtained by picking up at the refuge office, display kiosk, or self-check station or online. The permit is found on the Hunting, Fishing, and Public Use Regulations brochure, and must be signed and carried with you while fishing and during all hunts.


Special Use Permits (SUP) enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

The Sam D. Hamiliton Noxubee Refuge issues the following Special Use Permits:

Research and Monitoring SUP

General SUP

Commercial SUP

For more details on the conditions once an SUP is issued, please see the SUP Guidelines

Last Updated: May 22, 2015
Return to main navigation