Skip Navigation

Torpedo Overhaul Shop

Torpedo Overhaul Shop

Built in 1941, the building pictured above was part of the submarine base. Torpedoes were repaired and assembled at this building and the building pictured below. Early on in the war, the U.S. had problems with defective torpedoes. Each overhaul shop was responsible for a specific type - either steam-driven or electric/battery powered.

 

Back to Tour 

Last Updated: May 23, 2013
Return to main navigation