Skip Navigation

(New) Command Post

New Command Post

Constructed by Seabees in 1945, this "bombproof" building, with walls about five feet thick, was positioned to be the command/control center for Sand Island's runways. After the war, Pan American Airways located their offices in this building until they left in 1947. The building is closed.

 

On to Old Hanger
Back to Tour

Last Updated: Feb 10, 2016
Return to main navigation