2013 Amateur Photo ContestSeptember 1, 2013
The third Annual Photography Contest at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge is underway! Send us your best pictures taken on the refuge between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013.
Photographers may enter only one photo per category. Categories are as follows:
- Wildlife - mammals, birds, fish, insects, reptiles, etc.
- Habitat - depicts refuge habitat including plants, water, shelter, etc. or a refuge landscape scene. Wildlife can be included.
- People - shows a person or persons engaged in a refuge activity or included in a scene on the refuge.
- Young Nature Photographer - a special category just for young photographers aged 16 years old and younger.
Official Contest Rules
- Photographers must be non-professional.
- All entries must be taken in public areas or during events at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013.
- Photographs should be no smaller than 5" x 7" and no larger than 8" by 10". Black and white or color photos are acceptable. No matted photos, please. Digital images must be submitted in print and on disc and should be 300 or more ppi/dpi.
- Mail or deliver entries to:
Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge Photo Contest
1101 Casey Road, Basom, NY 14013
A completed and signed contest entry form (or copy thereof) must be taped to the back of each photo entered.
- All entries must be received by September 1, 2013
Last Updated: Feb 19, 2013