Skip Navigation



The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues special use permits under various wildlife laws and treaties. Special use permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to occur.

  • Permits

    Special use permits are issued for compatible secondary uses such as research and commercial still and video photography. Contact the Refuge Manager for more information at 218-687-2229 x. 16.


  • Passes

    There are no special passes required to enter Glacial Ridge National Wildlife Refuge. 

    A series of passes covers the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using federal recreational lands – including some national wildlife refuges.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System website for more information about passes.

Last Updated: Mar 14, 2016
Return to main navigation