Refuge TourSaturdays from October through mid-March.
The tour introduces visitors to the unique variety of wildlife found on the island. As you pass through several habitats, you will learn about wildlife management on refuges, explore the diversity of wildlife, and discover the rich history of Fisherman Island and the role it played during World War II.
- Tour time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Location: Meet at 8:45 am at the Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center
- Trail Length: 4 miles
- Trail Difficulty: Varies from soft to hard-packed sand
- Registration requirements: Advance registration required
- Fee: Free
- To register: Contact us at 757-331-2760 ext. 123