Freshwater fishing opportunities are provided at Lily Lake (Atlantic County, Galloway Township), including bank fishing from the south shore and boat fishing. Boats at Lily Lake may not have internal combustion engines.
The refuge provides several access points for saltwater anglers. Our boat launch is at Scott's Landing. From the south, take Route 9 north to Oceanville. Go to Leed's Point Road, which is the first street after passing Great Creek Road traffic light. Turn right and follow to Moss Mill Road. Turn right. Sign for Scott's Landing will be on the right side. From north, take Route 9 south to Smithville. Turn left on Moss Mill Road which is the main intersection in Smithville. Continue on Moss Mill Road to sign for Scott's Landing on right side.
We offer saltwater fishing opportunities at the following locations: (See refuge map (.pdf - 2.61MB) for more details - Requires Adobe Reader)
- Cedar Creek (Ocean County, Stafford Township) off Stafford Avenue
- Graveling Point (Ocean County, Little Egg Harbor Township) near the end of Radio Road
- Cedar Run Creek (Ocean County, Eagleswood Township) off Cedar Run Dock Road
- Holgate Unit (Ocean County, Long Beach Island) at the south end of the island. (Note: The Holgate Unit is open September 1 through March 31 or as posted. Beach-buggy type vehicles must obtain a permit from Long Beach Township)
- Parker Run (Ocean County, Little Egg Harbor Township) off Dock Road
*Note: Fishing is NOT permitted from land anywhere along Wildlife Drive. Fishing from a boat or kayak is permitted in the channels surrounding Wildlife Drive, however, no launching is permitted from Wildlife Drive, and if the boat is anchored, the anchor must remain under water. No anchoring on land is permitted.