Skip Navigation



 The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. 

  • Special Use Permits (SUP)

    These permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    The Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge issues the following Special Use Permits:

    Research and Monitoring SUP
    General SUP
    Commercial SUP 

    For more details on the conditions once an SUP is issued, please see the SUP Guidelines



    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits.


    Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

Last Updated: Aug 18, 2014
Return to main navigation