Noxious Weeds: A Growing Concern
What You Can Do
- Drive only on established roads and trails away from weed-infested areas.
- When using pack animals, carry only feed that is certified weed-free.
- Within 96 hours before entering backcountry areas, feed pack animals only food that is certified weed-free.
- If you find a few weeds without flowers or seeds, pull them and leave them where found. If flowers or seeds are present, place the weeds in a plastic bag or similar container and burn them in a safe place.
- If you find a weed-infested area, let the landowner or land management agency know so they can take steps to control the weeds.
What You Shouldnt Do
- Dont pick flowers of noxious weeds and take them home.
- Don't pick and transport wild flowers.
- Dont camp or drive in weed-infested areas.
Last updated: March 1, 2011