on Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
We allow fishing on designated areas of the refuge in accordance with State fishing regulations subject to the following conditions:
- We allow fishing on all refuge streams in accordance with State River and stream regulations, unless closure is necessary to protect nesting swans or Arctic grayling restoration efforts.
- We allow fishing on Widgeon Pond, Culver Pond and MacDonald Pond. All three ponds will be open under state river and stream regulations to fishing from the bank, unless necessary to protect nesting swans or adfluvial Arctic grayling restoration efforts.
- We prohibit tubes and other flotation devices used for fishing on Widgeon, Culver and MacDonald Ponds.
- We allow fishing in areas open to fishing from 1/2 hour before legal sunrise to 1/2 hour after legal sunset.
- To protect swans and other waterbirds Swan Lake, River Marsh and Upper and Lower Red Rock Lakes are not open to fishing.
- To prevent waterfowl poisoning, lead sinkers or any lead fishing product are prohibited.
- You must only use pole and line or rod and reel to fish on the refuge.
- You must use artificial lures or flies when fishing refuge waters; we prohibit bait fishing.
- Please pack your trash.
Anglers enjoying fishing on the Refuge need to also follow State Regulations. Please use this link Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks (http://fwp.mt.gov) to read and download Montana's Fishing Regulations. Refer to the Refuge General brochure to find Refuge specific regulations. Or call Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks for general information, call (406) 444-2535 or TDD (406) 444-1200.