Most common mistakes found on FWS rulemaking documents sent directly from the regions to the Office of the Federal Register (OFR):
1. GPO billing code not present or incorrect.
2. Documents not double-spaced.
3. Improper headings at the beginning of the document.
4. Improper preamble captions and captions not in the proper order.
5. Changes not in ink.
6. Pen-and-ink changes not printed or not dated and initialed in margin.
7. Pages not numbered consecutively.
8. Signer's name and title not typed or stamped beneath the signature.
9. Documents not properly signed or certified.
10. Table, illustrations, maps, etc., not placed where they are to be printed.
11. Original and copies not identical.
12. Diskettes not properly certified.
13. Documents mailed to the wrong address.
14. Poor quality of graphics.
To ensure that e-mail addresses with underscores are printed correctly:
1. In a cover letter with the copies sent to OFR, mention the e-mail address (location, etc.), and then ask OFR to please be sure that the underscore appears in the Federal Register.
2. On one of the three copies of the document sent to the OFR, do the following: