Exhibit 1, 330 FW 5
Date: March 24, 2008
Part 330: Aviation Management
Originating Office: Office of Aviation Management
4 Principles of Risk Management:
1. Manage risk in the planning stage.
2. Do not accept unnecessary risk.
3. Make risk decisions at the proper level.
4. Accept risks only when benefits outweigh costs.
Fundamentals of Risk Management:
1. The higher the risk, the more senior the final decision maker should be.
2. When in the higher risk zone, everyone from the Service Director to the
individual employee must be aware of the hazards involved and the risk
3. All risk variations that can be controlled must be controlled.
4. Conduct all operations by the book. Disciplined operations are mandatory.
For information on the content of this chapter, contact the Office of Aviation Management. For more information about this Web site, contact Krista_Holloway, in the Division of Policy and Directives Management.