ENTERPRISE PLANNER STATUS as of 5 pm, ET, September 19, 2005
September 16, a service patch was installed on the server to fix problems associated with running reports. Because of this change on the server, users will receive a new download of components automatically after you select your Region. This may take time. You browser should say it is opening a "...planning21.html" file. Please wait a minute or two. You may or may not get a pop-up window asking if you want to install Cognos Full Client. Select OK.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS ARE MODIFIED AS FOLLOWS:
- Open a IE browser window.
- Go to menu at the top. Select: Tools > Internet Options
- At the Internet Options Window, at the General tab
- under Temporary Internet Files, click "Delete Files" and "Delete Cookies."
- click Settings and under Check for newer versions of the page, check "Every visit to the page" Click OK
- Click the Security Tab
Click the Advanced Tab
- Click "Trusted Sites" and then "Sites"
- Under "Add this Web site to the zone:" type: https://cognos.fws.gov. Click OK
Close all browser windows.
Open a new browser. Logon to Enterprise Planner. Enter your User ID and select FWS Operations Plan.
The blank page will open and you should see the browser attempting to open a page called. "....cognos/contributor/planning21.htm l." Please wait. Eventually you will receive a small window that says "Downloading 1 of 50 components." After the download is complete, you should see your stations and be able to open your worksheet. Your next logon should go much quicker and without the downloads.
You may also get a request to download "Print to Excel." This download only needs to run the first time.
- Scoll to the bottom.
- Check the option "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when the browser is closed"
- Click Apply and OK