Wildlife and Habitat Management
Refuge Objectives: -- These are the overlying management goals for the refuge.
- To protect and provide habitat for endangered and threatened species.
- To provide and maintain habitat for migratory and resident birds that utilize and/or nest annually on the refuge.
- To provide, enhance and maintain habitat for native wildlife.
- To promote wildlife interpretive and recreational opportunities.
Management Tools: -- These are the tools refuge staff use to accomplish these goals.
- Water management for wading bird rookeries
- Mechanical/chemical treatment of undesirable and/or noxious plants.
- Prescribed burning
- >One annual, quota deer hunt
- Law Enforcement