The Assistant Director - Budget, Planning and Human Resources is responsible for providing
a Servicewide reports management program, as well as the management and
evaluation of all reporting requirements to ensure compliance with applicable
laws and regulations. The reports program encompasses national reports,
both internal and external, including Service reports to the Director,
Assistant Directors, and program and Regional Offices, as well as to Congress,
OMB, and other Government agencies.
The objectives of the reports management program are to:
Provide officials within and outside the Service with timely information in a clear,
The Division of Policy and Directives Management:
- Collect, process, transmit, and store national reports and report information through economical
use of staff, funds, and equipment;
- Use, to the extent feasible, appropriate technology to minimize data collection and processing
- Maintain management control over the use of national reports to avoid the use of unnecessary
or inappropriate reporting requirements; and>
- Coordinate reports management with records management, and with other Service and Department
of the Interior information systems.
PDM Contact: Phyllis Cook (703) 358-2503, Phyllis_Cook@fws.gov
- Receives, reviews, and analyzes recommendations for establishment or modification of national
- Maintains and updates the national reports appendix as necessary;
- Assigns a report control system symbol to all approved internal reports;
- Maintains control records for all national reports; and
- Periodically reviews the Service reports management program as described in the FWS Manual at
281 FW 1.