What is a partnership?
A partnership IS:
- A handshake, not a handout.
- A written agreement between the parties.
- An agreement that outlines the parties’ mutual interest in,
mutual benefits from, or mutually desired goals of a common objective
related to the mission of the bureau.
- An agreement with appropriate legal authority.
- An agreement that involves voluntary participation.
- Consistent with the partners’ plans, policies, and priorities.
- An agreement that demonstrates real benefits to the public.
- Wholly owned by each partner organization.
- An agreement that has a realistic timeframe with sufficient lead
time to acquire funding, materials and necessary approvals.
A partnership is NOT:
- A conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest or
preferential treatment of one entity over another.
- An endorsement of commercial products, services, or entities.
- A way to get around laws that apply to things like recreational use,
procurement of goods and services, etc.
Marketing or promotion of partners in any way, except for recognition
of the contribution.
Return to Buildling Partnerships