Conferences and Workshops
Following are links to conferences and workshops that the Pacific Region has cosponsored. Several of these sites include copies of the presentations, and some with accompanying audio and/or video.
The 2011 Pacific Northwest Climate Science Conference has held Sept., 2011, at the University of Washington. Copies of the presentations and audio/video presentation are available online
The 2010 Pacific Northwest Climate Science Conference has held June, 2010, in Portland, Oregon. Copies of the presentations and abstracts are available online
In 2008 and 2009, the Fish and Wildlife Service has cohosted a series of regional forums to help share information on the potential effects of climate change in coastal areas, mountains, and other landscapes, and to identify ways we might better prepare to manage natural resources in the coming decades. Information from the first three workshops listed below is available by clicking the link to the workshop's web page.
- Workshop on Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resource Management in the Coastal Ecosystem of California, Oregon, and Washington. January 29-30, 2009, San Francisco
- Workshop on Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resource Management in the Columbia River Basin, June 24-25, 2008, Boise, Idaho. - Agenda Executive Summary
- Workshop on Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resource Management in Indian Country, May 29-30, 2008, Seattle, Washington. - Agenda
- Workshop on Climate Change Impacts on Natural Resource Management in Hawai`i March 26, 2008, Honolulu, Hawai`i
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Climate Change training session for employees, Honolulu, Hawai`i, January 17, 2008
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Climate Change science training sessions for employees sponsored by the Univ. of Washington Climate Impacts Group and others: Lacey, WA, February 11; Portland, OR, February 12; Boise, ID, February 13 and Spokane, WA, February 14, 2008