Walk on the Wildside
If you'd enjoy a fun, FREE family-oriented day in the country with lively entertainment and up-close and personal views of many wildlife species, mark your calendar and plan to attend Walk on the Wildside on Saturday, May 21, 2012. Join Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge and local partners in celebrating International Migratory Bird Day and local conservation successes. The free event is held from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. near the town of Freeport, California, at the Beach Lake Picnic Area.
- Live wild animal presentations by Wild Things, Inc.
- Live folk music by Horse Sense
- 2012 California Junior Duck Stamp Awards Ceremony
- Children's puppet show by Jason Adair
- Tours of neighboring wetlands, riparian forests, and heron rookeries
- 30+ Conservation exhibitors & hands-on activities
- Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Wildland Fire Truck and Crew
- Children's activity center with games & prizes hosted by the Girl Scouts
- Girl Scout badgework activities
- Presentations on local plants and wildlife
- Special appearances by the Refuge "Blue Goose" Mascot & the Sac. County Park's "Ollie Otter" Mascot
- Outdoor BBQ hosted by Elk Grove High School FFA and Rotary Club
- Event and parking are FREE!
Walk on the Wildside 2012
A family-oriented day in the country with lively entertainment and up-close and personal views of many wildlife species.