Night Surf FishingMonth of October: Refunds Available
Refunds are being offered to fishermen due to the government shutdown.
Since many fishing nights were lost due to closures fishermen may return to the office where they purchased the permit for a refund.
Refund and Permit Details
- If requesting a refund fishermen must return to the office they originally purchased the permit with a photo ID.
- All refunds must be processed BY NOVEMBER 1, 2013.
- Permits give fishermen access to the beach every night in October (except October 23-26) from sunset to 12AM
- The zone between the Seaside and Dune Trails are open to night surf fishing
- Permits cost $35.00/person. A photo ID and fishing license (or proof of exemption) are required to purchase a permit.
- Regulations will be provided upon permit purchase.
- Check out the Permit Sales page or call (757)301-7329 for more information.
Post-shutdown days open to surf fishing are the following: October 17-22 and October 27-31, 2013
Page Photo Credits Red Drum caught by Mark Feltner/ Photo by Andrew Kumjian (with permission of Mark Feltner)
Last Updated: Oct 22, 2013