Step F: Prepare and Adopt Final Plan
1. Public Comment, Analysis, and Response—Review and analyze all written and oral comments received from the public on the draft CCP and NEPA document. Modify them as appropriate.
2. Final CCP and NEPA Document(s)—Identify the preferred alternative and prepare the final CCP and corresponding NEPA documents.
3. Internal Review—Submit the final document(s) for internal review within the region. Consider all of the comments that review generates, and make appropriate changes in the final document(s).
4. Decision Document—The decision document (either a Finding of No Significant Impact [FONSI] or a Record of Decision [ROD]) will certify that the Service has met agency compliance requirements and the CCP, when implemented, will achieve the purposes of the refuge and help fulfill the mission of the Refuge System.
5. Public Notice—Publish a Notice of Availability of the final approved CCP and NEPA document(s) in the Federal Register. Notify the affected public by appropriate means of the availability of the final document(s).