Rappahannock River Valley National Wildlife Refuge
Comprehensive Conservation Planning
How can you become involved?
You can get involved in the planning process in many ways. First, we would appreciate your review of the Draft CCP/EA document which is out for public review and comment until August 28, 2009. Another suggestion is to attend one of the two public meetings we have scheduled for July 30th, 2009. These meetings will include a short presentation on the draft plan, after which Service staff will record any comments you would like to provide. These comments, as well as others received prior to August 28, 2009, will be considered when editing and finalizing the plan.
Public Meeting Schedule
Other ways you can become involved in our planning process include:
- Contact us at any time
- Read our planning newsletters and feature articles
- Invite us to your civic and professional group meetings
- Invite us to your elected official meetings (town, county, state)
- Work with us to develop partnerships
- Work with us to create working groups and technical exchanges
- Participate in informal gatherings and forums related to natural resources conservation on the Rappahannock River
- Create working groups and technical exchanges
- Participate in informal gatherings
If you would like to provide us comments on the draft plan by August 28, 2009, or get involved in Rappahannock River Valley NWR activities, or you would like to join our mailing list, please contact*
Northeast Regional Office
300 Westgate Center Drive
Hadley, MA 01035
Fax: (413) 253-8468
*Please include your mailing address if you would like to be on our mailing list!