Chincoteague NWR Alternative Transportation Study
Links and Information
- Chincoteague 2020 Transportation Plan (2002)
Chincoteague Comprehensive Plan (2006)
- Bike Map of Chincoteague
- Carver, Erin, & James Caudill. Banking on Nature 2006: The Economic Benefits to Local Communities of National Wildlife Refuge Visitation. Division of Economics, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Washington, DC. September 2007.
- Eastern Shore of Virginia Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (2004)
Community Economic Development for the Eastern Shore: Summit Report. (2007)
- Eastern Shore of Viriginia Bicycle Plan. March 2004.
- Delmarva Hurricane Evacuation Study
- Route 13/Wallops Island Access Management Study
- Virginia Transit Performance Report 2002-2006
- Sea-Level Rise and Coastal Habitats in the Chesapeake Bay Region. National Wildlife Federation. May 2008.
- Refugees at Risk (2006).
- Accommack-Northampton Coordinated Human Service Mobility Plan. June 2008. Viriginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation. Prepared by Cambridge Systematics and KFH Group.
- EPA Coastal Sensitivity to Sea Level Rise.
- Vollmer Associates. Transportation Study: Assateague Island. June 1976.
- Barry Lawson Associates, Inc. Final Report: Analysis of Traffic Management Options for Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and Assateague Island National Seashore, June 1986.
- Chincoteague Visitor Transportation Needs Assessment Survey, Final Report, 1998, VDOT (by Marketing Source Inc.)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Master Plan, Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, 1993.
- Field Report: Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Federal Lands Alternative Transportation Systems Study (3039). Prepared by Cambridge Systematics, Inc. for Federal Highway Administration and United States Forest Service. January 2004.
- Transportation Observations, Considerations and Recommendations for Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Provided by the Interagency Transportation Assistance Group (TAG) (2008)
- Keer, Ann R. Environmental Planning Analysis: For Traffic Management of Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Assateague Island National Seashore. Chincoteague, VA. Salisbury State University.
- Wright, Pamela A., Gary W. Mullins, and Merle J. Van Horne. Public Area Recreation Visitor Survey: Characteristics and Expenditures of Visitors to the Assateague Island National Seashore. Ohio State University School of Natural Resources/OSU Research Foundation. 1985-6.
December 27, 2011