Office of Diversity and Civil Rights
Recruitment and Employee Outreach
Why the FWS is a great place to work!
Conservation of natural resources impacts many facets of American life. The FWS is committed to playing a critical role in protecting and enhancing fish and wildlife, as well as their habitats. As a FWS employee you will be a valued member of the growing and diverse workforce whose work contributes measurable improvements in conservation and environmental sciences.
At the FWS, permanent employees are eligible for a wide range of comprehensive benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- A varied selection of cost-shared health insurance plans
- Life insurance coverage options
- Comprehensive retirement benefits
- A tax-deferred Thrift Savings Plan (401K)
- 13 to 26 vacation days, based on total Federal service
- 13 paid sick leave days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- You may be eligible for flexible work schedules and telecommuting
- Paid transit benefits
- Overtime pay
Youth and Student Recruitment Programs
The FWS, along with other Federal agencies have solid programs that introduce young people to careers in natural resource agencies. To learn more about these opportunities visit the Northeast Region's Youth Employment page and the Youth in the Great Outdoors Program.
May 17, 2012