|Bald Eagle Management Guidelines
Determining Whether Large Construction or Expansion Activities May Disturb Nesting Bald Eagles: Step 4
Step 4. Is there a similar activity within 1 mile of the nest?
Determine whether similar activities are ongoing nearby. Select "yes" if other similar activities are occurring within 1 mile of the nest. Select "no" if there are not similar activities within 1 mile of the nest.
Yes - Click here to continue.
No - Click here to continue.
|Management at a Glance
Two factors most influence an eagle's response to human activity:
- The activity's visibility from the eagle nest and;
- The regular occurrence of similar activities near the nest.
General recommendations to avoid disturbing nesting bald eagles:
- Keep distance between the activity and the nest (distance buffers).
- Maintain forested or natural areas between the activity and the nest tree (landscape buffers).
- Avoid certain activities during the nesting season (timing buffers).