The National Wildlife Refuge System has 555 refuges across the country, which means there’s always something going on! Each week, we feature some of the events on our Facebook or Twitter pages, but now we’re bringing them to you here as an easier way to access them in one place. Check out our list each week for ideas on what to do outside.
Go out and experience nature – then share with us what you did and what you thought!
- Colorado — Rocky Mountain Arsenal Refuge, Wildlife viewing tours, Wednesdays & Saturdays, 9:30-11:30am Call to Reserve: 303-289-0930 http://go.usa.gov/j6v
- Colorado — Sun 11/6@8-11am, Big Buck Photo Tour, Rocky Mountain Arsenal Refuge, Call to Reserve: 303-289-0930 http://go.usa.gov/j6v
- Maryland — Nov 4-6, Wildlife Conservation Film Festival, Patuxent Refuge http://go.usa.gov/4Vw $8/$6 www.NWCFF.com
- Maryland — Sun 11/6@1-3pm, 5-mi guided bike ride, Patuxent Refuge, ages 10+, North Tract, Call to Reserve: 301-497-5887 http://patuxent.fws.gov
- Mississippi — Crane Tours, Every Weds & Sat in Nov, 8-11:30am, Mississippi Sandhill Crane Refuge, Call to Reserve: 228-497-6322 x101 http://1.usa.gov/aGlfVF
- Maryland — Wildlife Art Exhibit: Tim Flanigan photos, thru Nov, Patuxent Refuge, 9-4:30 p.m. daily http://patuxent.fws.gov
- Nevada — Sat 11/5@8am-noon, Pull cattails. Improve habitat for rare Amargosa pupfish. Ash Meadows Refuge, Sign up: http://bit.ly/lkPIcz
- Mississippi — Sat 11/5@9:30-11:30am, Backyard Bird Workshop & Walk, Noxubee Wildlife Refuge, ID common birds & habitat http://1.usa.gov/bNfFK8
- Florida — Wildlife driving tours, Pelican Island Refuge Wednesdays@9&10:30 am thru Feb, Call to Reserve: 772-562-3909 x 266 http://1.usa.gov/sZ1VpX
- New Mexico — Fall Flight Festival begins Sun 11/6@9-4, Las Vegas Refuge. See Wildlife Drive. http://1.usa.gov/cly9rO