Last updated: November 14, 2012
Junior Pheasant Hunt
There were 12 hunters with 2 pheasants killed on November 11, 2012.
Junior hunters will have the opportunity to hunt pheasants at the Modoc National Wildlife Refuge this fall on Sunday, November 11th. Advance reservations are required and applications will be accepted by mail through October 26, 2012.
Only hunters possessing a valid California Junior hunting license may apply. Up to four hunters may apply together as a party.
Junior hunters must be accompanied by a non-hunting adult (18 years or older) with no more than two junior hunters per adult.
The procedure for submitting applications is as follows:
1. Use only standard Postal Service postcards (3.5" x 5.5").
2. Type or print clearly.
3. List the name and address for each person (up to 4) requesting permits. Zip codes must be correct.
4. Hunters must specify that the application is for the Junior Pheasant Hunt.
5. A parent or legal guardian must sign for each applicant.
6. Hunters wishing to hunt on the Grandma Tract (quota 4 hunters) should indicate this preference by writing Grandma Tract on their application.
7. Mail postcards to: Steve Clay, Refuge Manager, Modoc NWR, PO Box 1610, Alturas, CA 96101. Only cards received by October 26, 2012 will be accepted.
Any person whose name appears on more than one application will be excluded from the drawing, as will applications which are late, illegible or incomplete.
All refuge hunting regulations remain unchanged. A maximum of 14 hunters will be issued a permit. Complete regulations and permits will be mailed to those hunters who are selected from the drawing. Unsuccessful hunters will not be notified. No standby lists will be maintained and "no shows" will not be re-filled.
Hunters may contact Steve Clay, Refuge Manager, at the address above or call 530.233.3572 for further information.