Address, Directions and Contact Information
520 E Park St
Neosho, MO 64850
Directions: From State Highway 71 N exit on ALT 71/60/59 east, follow federal park signs to Neosho National Fish Hatchery. Hatchery entrance is on McKinney/Hwy 86.
Phone: (417) 451-0554, Ext. 112
Points of Interest
- Visitors Center with interactive exhibits and aquariums.
- Gift shop and book store with beautifully handcrafted items from local artists.
- Park-like setting among spring fed ponds with walking and biking trail, pavilions, picnic tables, and BBQ grills.
Know Before You Go
- Visitors Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30, Saturday and Sunday 10:00-4:00. The hatchery grounds remain open until 10:00 pm. Gift shop hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 3:30, and Saturday 10:00 to 3:00.
- America the Beautiful Park Passes are available at the Visitors Center (Previously known as Golden Pass) available to seniors 62 or older, active military (military ID required) or permanently disabled (proof of disability required).
- The Hatchery is closed during all federal holidays
- You can call ahead and reserve a tour with one of our fish biologists which will allow you to enter our endangered pallid sturgeon buildings.
What to Expect During Your Visit
- Interactive exhibits
- Informational videos
- Aquariums with a bubble to climb inside and be a part of the aquarium
- Free fish food to feed fish in all the ponds
- Fossil and gem display
- Biking and walking trails
Scheduling Group Tours
Reservations for tours and pavilions are available upon request by calling 417-451-0554, Ext 104. The picnic areas can be utilized for free to the public for special events such as reunions and birthdays.
Rules and Regulations
- No fishing is allowed on the grounds outside of established fishing derbies.
- Only leashed dogs are allowed on the walking trails.
- Bicycles are allowed on the grounds.