Saltwater and freshwater fishing opportunities can be found throughout the Refuge. Accessible fishing piers, shoreline fishing, and cane-pole fishing are available for those without boats.
- Public boat ramp at Fowlers Bluff for Suwannee River access - all boats
- McCormick Creek - spur road off Levy Wildlife Drive -small boats
- Barnett Creek – small boats
- Shell Mound Ffishing Pier - coastal estuary of the Gulf of Mexico
- Freshwater ponds (borrow pits) – located adjacent to the Nature Drive
- Town of Cedar Key- 3 excellent boat ramps. Fee charged.
- Fishbone Creek-small boats
- Shired Island-Gulf of Mexico-all boats
- Town of Suwannee-all boats